Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Can I replace semolina with cornflour?

I made a delicious cake using semolina however I ran out of it, but I have cornflour. The measurement of semolina is 225g, can I replace it with cornflour for the cake?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It may not work, cornflour is a lot finer than the semolina, which has a more grainy texture. 

• Rita
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It can be substituted for semolina flour in gluten-free baking and pasta making. Moreover, it can be used to thicken soups and stews. ... People who follow a gluten-free diet can replace semolina flour with amaranth flour, corn semolina, garbanzo flour, quinoa flour, and rice flour, in most recipes.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Semolina flour is a whet flour, while obviously, cornflour is made from corn. So the texture will be a bit different and I would suspect that the semolina will make the cake heavier and more dense. 

• 2 months ago

An analysis of the legal factors considered in a child endangerment case. ... Child endangerment occurs whenever a parent, guardian, or other adult caregiver allows a child to be placed or remain in a dangerous, unhealthy, or inappropriate situation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, you should be able to substitute corn flour for semolina flour with little change in the texture or taste of your cake recipe, especially if the recipe calls for wheat flour as well. If your recipe calls for semolina that is not finely ground, then you could substitute cornmeal.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can, but I have no idea if you will like the result.

Semoline is a type of wheat flour .. cornflour comes from corn.  The two act and taste very different.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's going to have a really heavy texture and be crumbly

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.