Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Is it time to make housing a human right?

denying people housing should be unconstitutional, private property is a spook

Federal judge rules eviction moratorium is unconstitutional

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/politics/judge-evic...

9 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

How is a landlord going to meet his debt obligations without rental payments?  Bank takes over the property, are the tenants going to be better off???  Or will the bank evict everyone to repurpose the property into something that actually makes money?

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I'm all for building apartment facilities to house the people who can't afford housing, but if they engage in criminal activity or neglect to care for it, evict them. Ok, so, what do you propose for the ones who refuse to move in? We have homeless who prefer to live in a box and eat out of dumpsters, do drugs and steal. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Free Housing was one of the guaranteed "rights" in the Soviet Union. Anyone remember which way their walls faced?

Also black people living on the old Southern Plantations had free housing as a "right".

source: Watch Roots.

If said "eviction moratorium" is made by the Federal government it IS unconstitutional.

Art 1 sec 8. Try reading it.

State laws, of course fall under the 10th amendment.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Long overdue.  It's a right we should recognize.  We'll save money in the end.

• 2 months ago

It's that sort of extension of the use of the meaning of the term "human rights" , that's brought "human rights" into so much disrepute .

No where in the UN's charter for human rights, does it suggest that anyone has the right to expect that other people, house , clothe and feed them 

• 2 months ago

Absolutely. Seeing as it’s a right, I want to live at Sheryl Crow’s house. My right. Privacy is a spook.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Absolutely....and on a global scale

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Texas.

Why am I not surprised?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Good luck getting Conservatives on board. They are the "I got mine! Too bad for you" party.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.