Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can i use 2 graphics card (Editing+minig)?

Can i use 2 graphics card in one PC my motherboard have 2 PCIe 16x slot can i use one graphic card for editing with display output and another one just for mining..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.  In fact many videos card will come with more than one connector on them so you can attach more than one monitor to a single card and display something different on each monitor.  Often the card will have  more than one type of a video port.  Such as it may have a VGS port, a Displayport and an HDMI port.  You would be able to attach three monitors to such a card and display something different on each.

If you have slots in our computer for installing more than one graphic card, then you can install more than one and use each with a different monitor displaying something different.  Some computers that have build in graphics card may disable the build in graphic port if a video card is added.  If that happens, you may have to go into BIOS and turn the build on graphic port back on.  

• BigE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you can, but that  is more power/heat depending on the card.  How about a dual display card?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.