Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Leon asked in HealthOptical · 2 months ago

Why does my vision clear when I squint my eyes?

I'm just concerned about it. I have bad vision and I'm only 18 male with long range glasses because I can't see long distances 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Is your glasses fairly new with an updated prescription? It sounds like you need stronger glasses, no big deal but you have to wear them all the time!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's bcuz in nearsighted people, the rods & cones within the retina are too long. By squinting, you're actually compressing those rods & cones, making them shorter which improves the focus of an image.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Squinting decreases the amount of light entering the eye. Thhe unfocused light rays in the periphery don't reach the retina. The result is better vision.

However, your distance glasses should eliminate the need for squinting. Eyes change fairly rapidly in the teens, so you might need an eye exam and new lenses in those glasses.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.