Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

Can I get off SSI disability without losing SSDI ?

I work part time and at this point in time SSI is more of a aggravation than it is worth it with dealing back payments or over payment and having to repay them back.

As of right now I might owe SSI over $2,000 and they still don't know if I have to pay them back or not and the idiocy of it is I can't have more than $2,000 between my checking and savings so I had to spend it to keep my income below the $2,000 limit. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I have the same thing going. Because of back problems, sitting or standing all day is impossible. But I can do this for maybe 3 1/2 hours  a day. They told me a long time ago, that quitting one could cause me to lose the other.

BUt that was a long time ago. Since then, I never tried it again. I work part- time at a dry cleaner's, folding clothes. But this is cash.

Source(s): Been on SSI and SSDI for 40 years. I was told the same thing about $2,000.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.