Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Am i in the wrong ?

So recently I found out my boyfriend was cheating on me and was engaged the whole time, so I did what was right, broke up with him and told his fiancé. This lead to him being angry and harassing me and my family, but eventually it was sorted out. But now he’s managed to convince his fiancé that I’m lying about the whole thing and she called me threatening to come to my house , tell my parents everything ( I had kept mine and his relationship a secret). She said that this was my fault and that if I had kept my legs closed none of this would’ve happened. I guess I don’t really have a question I just feel like **** , was it really my fault ?

• Foofa

Technically he was cheating on her with you but that doesn't change the fact that he was the one who betrayed her the way she's acting now is classic transference. It's easier to blame you than to accept that he's a pig whom no sane woman would marry. She wants to have her nice wedding and tell herself if not for you everything would be perfect. So, it's not your fault of course if you truly didn't know he was already in a relationship. But if either one of them keeps harassing and threatening you you may have to involve the police. 

You absolutely did the right thing by breaking up with him. You probably should have left his fiancé alone though. Let her figure it out on her own. Some women are like that. They convince themselves that the other woman is the problem because she doesn’t wanna admit that her bf is a no good loser. So instead of taking her anger out on her cheating bf, she takes it out on you. HE is the one who made a commitment to her, not you. You didn’t even know about her, but even if you did, it’s still HIS fault. You didn’t make any commitment to her, you don’t owe her any loyalty. I’ve been in every position of the cheating triangle before. I’ve been the one cheated on, I’ve been the cheater, and I’ve been the mistress. I can tell you that it’s always the cheater’s fault. Nobody can make someone be unfaithful. HE was the one who chose to date two women at the same time. He’s just a jerk, and he’s just gonna end up cheating on her with someone else if she stays with him. 

• ?

It's the guy's fault because he was deceiving you and never told you about his engagement to someone else.  Meanwhile, I wouldn't have lowered myself to tell his fiancé anything.. i'd have just broken up with him and left it at that.  

• ?

no matter how many times you post this he was never your boyfriend and was not cheating on you. he was cheating WITH you on the woman he is engaged to. you didn't "do what was right" you told her for revenge and now you see that revenge didn't make you feel better