Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Christians, why threaten atheists with hell when they don't believe it exists?

Can't you see how nonsensical that is?

Its not a threat, but rather a loving warning.

Facts dont care about beliefs. The truth of God is still the truth even if the whole world disbelieves it. 

Matthew 13:42-43 KJV — And God shall cast the wicked into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Tempus fugit

THERE IS NOT A CHRISTIAN ALIVE THAT CAN JUDGE ANYONE, BUT THEY HAVE TO TELL YOU WHAT THE HOLY BIBLE SAYS ABOUT REJECTING JESUS(GOD INCARNATE) OR THEY WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE.

BTW, JUST BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO BELIEVE IN GOD OR HELL, DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY DO NOT EXIST.

IF EVERYONE THOUGHT THAT WAY, THEN THEY WOULD THINK THEY CAN SIN ALL THEY WANT TO AND AT THE END JUST TELL GOD YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR SINS BECAUSE I REFUSED TO BELIEVE IN YOU.

JESUS SAID, THOSE WHO PURPOSELY REJECT ME AFTER KNOWING OF ME, I WILL REJECT ON JUDGMENT DAY!!!

FEAR OF THE LORD GOD IS A TRUE GIFT FROM GOD, FOR THAT FEAR TURNS TO LOVE OF HIM.  

THOSE WHO ACCEPT THE GIFT OF FAITH AND TURN TO THE LORD WITH A HUMBLE AND SINCERE HEART FOR FORGIVENESS, WILL RECEIVE IT 100%

IF THEY DIE IN THAT STATE OF GRACE, JESUS SAID, I WILL SNATCH YOU UP TO MYSELF AND I WILL WIPE AWAY EVERY TEAR FROM YOUR EYES, THERE WILL BE NO MORE TEMPTATIONS, PAIN, SUFFERING OR DEATH EVER AGAIN!!!  

I LOVE YOU SAYS THE LORD GOD, YOU HAVE BUT TO GLANCE MY WAY WITH HUMBLE SINCERITY OF HEART AND THOUGH YOUR SINS BE AS SCARLET, I SHALL MAKE THEM WHITE AS SNOW

WHEN JESUS(GOD INCARNATE) SAYS THERE IS A HELL, YOU HAD BETTER BELIEVE IT FOR GOD CANNOT LIE, EVER.  SEE HERE>>>>

JESUS TALKED MORE ABOUT HELL, THAN HE DID OF HEAVEN, PLEASE READ ALL THIS,

The doctrine of hell is so frightening that numerous heretical sects end up denying the reality of an eternal hell. The Unitarian-Universalists, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christadelphians, the Christian Scientists, the Religious Scientists, the New Agers, and the Mormons—all have rejected or modified the doctrine of hell so radically that it is no longer a serious threat. In recent decades, this decay has even invaded mainstream Evangelicalism, and a number of major Evangelical figures have advocated the view that there is no eternal hell—the wicked will simply be annihilated.

But the eternal nature of hell is stressed in the New Testament. For example, in Mark 9:47–48 Jesus warns us, "[I]t is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where the worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched." And in Revelation 14:11, we read: "And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Hell is not just a theoretical possibility. Jesus warns us that real people go there. He says, "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few" (Matt. 7:13–14).

Jesus talked about hell more often than he talked about heaven. Here are some verses.

The children of the kingdom will be driven out into the darkness where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth (Mt 8:12).

Depart from me, you accursed, into that eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41).

These will pay the penalty of eternal ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power (2 Thes 1:9).

God did not spare the angels who fell into sin; he thrust them down to hell, chained them there in the abyss, to await their sentence in torment (2 Pt 2:4).

The smoke of the fire that torments them will rise forever and ever, and there will be no relief day or night for those who worship the beast or its image or accept the mark of its name (Rv 14:11).

I don't, silly.  My church teaches about the love of God and encourages us to experience it for ourselves.

• Paul

Not believing that a very real danger exists causes people to ignore the danger and thereby place themselves in danger. Therefore, people who are aware of the danger have a moral obligation to inform those who are ignorant of it. If I see someone about to cross the street, and see a car approaching at a high speed, should I shout out a warning? Or mind my own business and let them walk out in front of the car?

[antichrists, if you do not believe in hell, why continue to post in the religious section, instead of the science area?]

King James Bible Version 1885

Amos Chapter 3

3. Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Christianity = Defending thin air, calling it "Jesus", 

and believing that you will be compensated for doing so. 

I've never threatened anybody with hell, and I've been a Christian for over 40 years. I do mention hell when Qs like this ask about it, and I often repeat Jesus' warnings about the danger of ending up in hell, but I have no control over who goes there, so I cannot threaten anyone. But atheist Penn Jillette appreciated why Christians do warn about hell. After a Christian spoke to him he said:

"I've always said that I don't respect people who don't proselytize. If you believe that there's a heaven and hell and people could be going to hell, or not getting eternal life or whatever, and you think that, well, it's not worth telling them this because it would make it socially awkward... How much do you have to hate somebody to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell them that? I mean, if I believed beyond a shadow of a doubt that a truck was coming at you, and you didn't believe it, and that truck was bearing down on you, there is a certain point where I would tackle you. And this is more important than that."

Nice to know there's an intelligent atheist who understands why some Christians will speak of hell to others. And what I say on the subject is for everybody, not just atheists.

Right?

It's like me threatening Christians with Mordor. 

Christians can't help but try and transfer their religious fantasies onto others as they seek to validate their god delusions.

if i was walking up a hill i had never walked up before, and people along the way said "don't walk too fast there's a straight cliff drop-off up there with sharp jagged rocks at the bottom", would i be a fool to ignore them and just march up the hill pretending "there is no cliff!  it's all a figment of those moron's imagination!"?

You see, Christians are simply being that nice person warning someone else.  If the foolish atheists heed that warning or not it's completely up to them.