Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kernel Data Inpage Error?

So I just got a brand new SSD with a fresh W10 Home install, and not long after hooking it up, Firefox tabs started crashing over and over, and then BSoD with the kernel error.

I have a HDD plugged up to my PC as well, so I'm not sure if that's causing it. I don't think my RAM is the issue as I've been using W8.1 for 5 years with the same RAM I'm using now and never had issues, but I reseated the RAM into different slots just in case.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • BigE
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Look through the event log because it can be disk or RAM and it would be nice to narrow that down.  You can run a memory test to rule out memory.  And actually querying and testing the drive using s.m.a.r.t. tools like crystaldiskinfo will tell you something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.