Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

He said 'I love you, stupid!'. Am I right being mad at him?

So there's this guy I had a crush on. He seemed everything I wanted, physically and also the personality. We always stared at each other and he started to act weird with me, smiling and turning red everytime we stared. So I started to ignore him, since we became a joke to all his friends, they always said we were lovers though we were not. After this the apparently shy guy started to go around with a blond girl, so I just erased him out of my life. One day he wanted to talk because I also stopped saying hi, I said there's nothig to talk about, he stopped me and we argued a bit, he was really nervous and for the first time he seemed upset and a bit aggressive. Then he said 'I love you stupid!' and kissed me. Just a short, closed mouth kiss (my first one) and the he kind of sighed like he was really stressed out and seemed really upset. He then told me to hide because some friends of his were around, so we hid until they went away. It felt like we were kids again. Then I apologized to him and hugged him and he seemed caring and sorry. I just don't know how to explain what I feel for him. Sometimes I think he's gorgeous and humble, I admire him cause he works and studies at the same time, he is not a guy with privileged parents, then I get mad at him cause I think he's easy, then he gets mad at me for thinking bad about him and calls me stupid. It's just a mix of emotions I can't handle. 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He was correct in his evaluation of your intellect. Get over it!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You don't have to be "mad" as not everyone has great writing talent. But as romcom dialogue goes, that's just bad. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The way it was said seems harmless enough.

Give it a try....but cautiously 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would not judge him too harshly. I think that he is one of those guys who really struggles when it comes to conveying his emotions. Therefore I think the reason why he said "I love you stupid" was because he was release all of these bottled up emotions. What you should try doing in future is asking him questions that will enable him to release these emotions and better convey his personality to you. What you should also work on doing is encouraging him not to be embarrassed about expressing his feelings for you in front of his friends. It is is perfectly normal for a guy to convey his attraction to a woman and those who tease him are just insecure. I really hope this helps :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.