More than asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

Is my e-bike 1000w?

I recently got a big fat tire e bike but I'm not sure if it is a 500w or 1000w. 

On the dashboard when I'm up chill on 5th gear it says it gives around 950w to 985w power, if I put it on 4th it says it gives around 580w. 

Thanks for reading. 

I know the answer might be obvious but I just want to make sure. 

Hill*

• F
    Favorite Answer

If you’re in the U.K., anything over 250W counts as an electric motorbike and has to be taxed and insured .

Usually the obvious answer is the answer. 

Source(s): Motorized bicycle owner and builder.
  • ?

So when you're making the motor work the hardest it says a little under 1000 watts. What do you think? More important, why do you care? The only time you'll need that number is when you advertise the thing for sale.

Why do you care? It's a motorized vehicle, just use it and realize it's just transportation, it's not a workout. 

You don't even know what you bought?  Google the company & look it up.  

You don't supply the year, make or model of the e-bike, yet you ask for precise information.  What's wrong with this picture? 🤔

Who manufactured it?  Go to their website, open your eyes & LOOK.  Or, ask where you bought it.  Oh, wait...  You probably bought some no-name e-bike off the internet. 

Dashboard?  The closest thing my bike has to a dashboard is a Garmin GPS bike computer.  Looks like the one on this link... https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/29/4b/1c294bcf30...

Real men & women use Pedal Power.