Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

More than asked in SportsCycling · 2 months ago

Is my e-bike 1000w?

I recently got a big fat tire e bike but I'm not sure if it is a 500w or 1000w. 

On the dashboard when I'm up chill on 5th gear it says it gives around 950w to 985w power, if I put it on 4th it says it gives around 580w. 

Thanks for reading. 

Update:

I know the answer might be obvious but I just want to make sure. 

Update 2:

Hill*

6 Answers

Relevance
  • F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you’re in the U.K., anything over 250W counts as an electric motorbike and has to be taxed and insured .

• 2 months ago

Usually the obvious answer is the answer. 

Source(s): Motorized bicycle owner and builder.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

So when you're making the motor work the hardest it says a little under 1000 watts. What do you think? More important, why do you care? The only time you'll need that number is when you advertise the thing for sale.

• 2 months ago

Why do you care? It's a motorized vehicle, just use it and realize it's just transportation, it's not a workout. 

Attachment image
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You don't even know what you bought?  Google the company & look it up.  

Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

You don't supply the year, make or model of the e-bike, yet you ask for precise information.  What's wrong with this picture? 🤔

Who manufactured it?  Go to their website, open your eyes & LOOK.  Or, ask where you bought it.  Oh, wait...  You probably bought some no-name e-bike off the internet. 

Dashboard?  The closest thing my bike has to a dashboard is a Garmin GPS bike computer.  Looks like the one on this link... https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1c/29/4b/1c294bcf30...

Real men & women use Pedal Power.    

Attachment image
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.