Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 2 months ago

should I seek medical attention for this injury?

This is a dumb question I know. Two weeks ago I was under the influence and decided to box my friend. I hit him pretty hard and immediate my knuckle was swollen and in pain. Not super bruised but visibly injured. It kept causing me pain and while doing snow removal it started to hurt a lot worse. I can move my finger but it does look slightly deformed. I couldn’t make a fist until today , it hurts , but however I can clench my fingers into a fist. Is medical attention required? Or am I fine to leave it? Just looking for another opinion. 

1 Answer

  • 2 months ago

    It could be broken.  It could be bruised.  It could be sprained.  It could be an infection.

    It's hard to tell just by the description.

    Most likely, it wouldn't make any difference whether you got seen for it or not.  But, again, I really can't tell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.