Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Rather than thinking about an angry and punishing God, isn't it better not to think about it at all?

Update:

@Bryce: actually i don't understand this anxiety to throw away religions, sounds like if i wanted to burn every copy of the star wars saga because it bores me.

Update 2:

@Misty: somehow time passes anyway, this isn't a myth.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree wholeheartedly.

• 2 months ago

GOD create mankind in the best of form and instruct us to dress ourselves with beautiful and clean costumes.

• 2 months ago

Even more logical is to think about a loving and rewarding God, since that's the way he is.

• 2 months ago

Or rather think about His kingdom of righteousness, peace, and joy, Romans 14:17.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Well it explains all the terrible intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution by Christians towards others‽

• 2 months ago

Well, if you fancy a god who is not concerned at all with justice, but who turns a blind eye to sin and sweeps it all under the carpet - dismissing it as an irrelevance - then you go ahead and think about your lovey-dovey-love-everythiug-and-everyone god. Ignore the reason why the Son of God left Heaven to become the sinless man who was tortured to death by sinners so that we could be freely forgiven. Despise God's Righteousness and dismiss it as inconsequential - then face the Day of Judgment, prior to which the last plagues of God are poured out from His throne on to a godless, hate-filled world. Go have a read of the book of Revelation, and repent of your foolishness.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Since all gods are myths, why waste your time.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would be better to throw Bibles in the trash can along with the whole religion.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

"But ask forgiveness of your Lord, and turn unto Him (in repentance): For my Lord is indeed full of mercy and loving-kindness." (Quran)

• You can always think, of your little god, Satan, because he will compliment you when you are with Him, in the Eternal Hell. He will wipe the eyes of your tears, and you, to Him?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.