Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

DID: if an alter was 18 and the body was underage would they be able to buy products for people over 18?

so say if an alter was maybe around 30 but the body was 16 would they be able to buy alcohol because they are of the drinking age

Update:

edit: an alter is apart of a system that revolves around a personality/ trauma disorder called Dissociative Identity disorder

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You ought to familiarise yourself with the difference in meaning and usage between "apart" and "a part." Being apart from someone or something is the complete opposite of being a part of someone or something. 

It's not as though people who suffer from a psychological disorder are given an official document that they can produce if they're ever in such a situation. A sixteen year old boy could claim to be a 68 year old Arab Sheik, but if his government issued ID says he's sixteen, the lad can just jog on. 

Imagine the lengths people would take things if it were actually possible to get away with such a ridiculous excuse. 

"What are you doing walking around with all these drugs?"

"Oh, not to worry. I identify as a Native American shaman and am therefore permitted to possess drugs and take them as part of my religious rites."

"I see. Very well then, young man. Carry on." 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The law only recognises the physical body - 

whose registered birth determines their age.

• 2 months ago

Any laws would apply to the chronological age of the body, nothing else.

This question probably belongs in Social Science>Psychology rather than History.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What is an "alter"????  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.