Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

What should I do?

These two women I know, keep making rude & condescending comments about me because I’m younger than them (I’m 19, they’re in their 40s) and just won’t stop. What should I do? they also keep calling me things like “kid” or “child” in a patronizing way 

That is not good advice, I’ve ALREADY been nice & respectful towards them. I’ve never been rude to them at all & never did anything to them either. They just started acting rude towards me out of nowhere, can anyone actually help? because I’m sick of their rude treatment towards me & it’s obnoxious! 

"Earn their respect" I have NOT done anything to deserve this treatment. What the f*ck is it with old a s s people always thinking they have the "right" to mistreat others based on their age & then have the nerve to expect "respect"?. Either give decent advice or don't answer at all because your answer doesn't help at all and is completely worthless.

• Alan H
    Favorite Answer

The best thing to do is........nothing.

If you react they say “Just what we expect from a kid”

Refuse to react and they will tire of it

• Foofa

Maybe just avoid them. To some people anyone under 30 will always be a "kid". 

• Kieth

Screw their husbands.

Earn their respect and tell them to back off.