Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 2 months ago

My son become a Doctor? But not so humble.?

When my son was a child I read his diary and it started “ I want to succeed not like my family” next when I try to give him advice he told me when he was 11 years old I’m stupid. Get away. He disqualified me as someone to give advice. He grew up to become such a massive successful Doctor & Business owner. How on earth did he?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Either you raised a know-it-all little prick who lucky for you turned out to be intelligent and hard working, or you had a habit of giving him mad information/advice when he was young and by 11 years old he already knew some of things you were presenting as fact were wrong. For example, perpetuating cultural myths and superstitions about things that you may have believed growing up (ie, that evil spirits cause disease, going to bed with wet hair will give you pneumonia, that anything a pregnant mother eats or doesn't eat affects a baby's temperament, etc) but are now provably untrue. 

• 2 months ago

He knows he owes much of his success to you and can't admit out of fear you are right.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.