Trans MTF Can you smoke while taking HRT?

Hi im trans mtf i just started HRT and kind of scared to take my medication every day because i smoke and they say i can get blood clots or have heart attacks from taking HRT and smoking because it raises your blood pressure. My real question is that can i still smoke and not have to worry as much as i am about it or should i really stop smoking. I am trying to stop smoking but kind of hard while just starting my new journey in life any advice???

No my doctor endo said she won’t prescribe hormones because cancer runs in my family but so doesn’t alcoholism and various disease from Alcohol but she’s ok with that

Well no, you can't. You're already increasing your risk of death, adding two is not safe.

"Trans MTF Can you smoke while taking HRT?"

Biologically identical hrt by pills gives a slight increases of blood clots by increasing the blood's clotting factor, pills carry the most risk, patches about 70% less risk than pills, and injectables about 90% less risk than pills, due to the first pass, if I remember the % statistics correctly, that is why most women cis and trans also take an aspirin with hrt, it is generally believed that synthetic estrogens and progesterones carry a higher risk of clots and other issues than does biologically identical hrt, smoking doesn't just add to the risk of a blood clots it exponentially increases the risk of clots by damaging the walls of your blood vessels causing clots with or without hrt, did you really need another reason to quit smoking well now you have it, no matter the type of hrt or its delivery method.

It isn't a good idea.  I think the NHS won't give you HRT unless you give up tobacco.

If you're still a young trans, go ahead and smoke.

But if you're an old guy who is transforming in his 60's or 70's, smoking will probably kill you.

So be careful!

And have fun as a woman.  

It is highly suggested you don't.

It increases the risk of blood clots by about 50 times.

Do everything you can to quit.

i wouldnt smoke, my neighbor was smoking a lot and had a stroke and now cant walk, not worth it