Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Would the ability to hear animal conversations be a useful superpower?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

quite possibly.   We know some animals DO communicate with each other,  so if we could gain access to THEIR knowledge,  it's possible we might learn something. 

Just for an example,   animals are often more attuned to natural disasters and can sense when danger is approaching. 

They can sense earthquakes, about to happen, before they happen. 

HOW do they do that......and what do they  pick up on that we as humans, perhaps miss, or don't detect? 

• 2 months ago

Yes, I think there are a lot of people in the world who would pay to hear what their pets are thinking. I would offer NO discounts. In fact, there would be an extra fee if your pet said something rude about me.

• 2 months ago

Probably not. Animals have much less complex and simple brains than humans, and are not capable of complex or insightful language/communication. It would be like hearing cavemen speak, only worse. 

• 2 months ago

Hell yeah if you could communicate back... very useful for pending zombie apocalypse. Squirrel teeth sharp af... bears... I wonder what they’d want in trade. You know those mafia motherfckers don’t do sht for free

• 2 months ago

Not to me. 

I would probably become a vegan and an extreme animal lover. I'll take in all the abused animals and protest against people eating meat.

I'd rather not know. Its for my own good.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.