? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If the term "In my time" refers to the person's youth then I no longer live in my time since I am 40 years old, right?

Technically, yes. But "in my time" refers to anytime in your life prior to the current, usually to a time you can't recall specifically of the top of your head. It's a very loose term.

I think it refers to the age of the person the person is talking to.  So, the older person might say to a younger person, "In my time...", meaning "When I was YOUR age...".

That is how I see it because I am older, but when I was young, my parents would say that, meaning when they were my age at the time.