I was taken to E.R. while in city jail who is responsiable  for the bill?

i was sentenced 10 days for not complying with drug court according to the judge i went to the drug court everytime i had a appoiment but i could not pay for the cost plus i was on medication that i could not just stop taking because the court refferall officer told me to. All my meds. are prescribed by a licenced doctor. while i was in jail they would not give me all my medications that was on the list i provided the nurse. one of the meds.they would give me that was on the list was a med. given to me to slow heart rate during a panitc attack when needed i tried to explain this to the nurse but she told me i was mistaken it was given to me for blood pressure and i was to take 1 to 2 capsules at bedtime i told her again i havent taken the med. maybe a handfull of times since i been prescribed it.. I was given 2 capsules midday by the nurse and she said that would be my dosage for the day by suppertime i was already feeling sick the jailer brings 2 more with my dinner tray and makes me take them in front of him because i told him i done taken it. less than a hour or around that i went to the restroom across the cell and blacked out twice. resulting in ambulance coming .when they found me i had done lost color even in my lips and was barely breathing with a heart rate well below normal.as well as pulse rate and oxegen level.now im being billed for ambulance and hospital visit. Is the city not responsible for the bills not me?

for short stays, it may be different...if you have insurance I would think your insurance could be billed...

you have a case to sue them for improper care at the jail....but they can afford good lawyers...

stanley:   YOU are.