Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

My cat keeps puking, what do I do?

I Got a cat about a year ago. Everything was fine. Then like 3 months into the second year things got complicated. My cat got bumps in her neck, I'm assuming allergies to something. Then she started puking her food out constantly. Sometimes it's not even food, just water.

I don't know what to do. I took her to the vet they didn't really seem to do anything about it. They told me to try and figure out what could be making her allergic. I honestly don't know We tried different foods. I bathed her with dawn to kill the fleas. I don't even know if the puking has to do with the bumps.

It seems like nothing is working. What am I doing wrong?

Should I take her to a different vet?

No good vet, is going to tell you, to try and figure out what is making her allergic. Animals throw up for many different reasons and a good vet would do their best, to find out, what is causing your cat to throw up and what needs to be done to treat it. That is what vets do. If you actually did take your cat to the vet and your vet actually told you that, then it is not a good vet and you need to take your cat to a different vet, find out the real problem is and have it properly treated. You also need to have them lumps checked, to make sure, they are not Cancerous and Life Threatening lumps. Stop bathing your cat because you could be creating more of a problem and drying out her skin.

Definitely take your cat to a new vet.  Don't use anymore dish soap. There is something going on with the constant puking, and it doesn't sound like it's allergy related.  A good vet will take the extra steps needed to find out what's wrong.