My Nissan Altima say out for the winter and now my relays are going crazy?

It's a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5

The engine compartment relays don't shut off and keep clicking non stop after leaving it out during a wet winter.

The relay's are draining the battery and causing the car to overheat.

Where should I start?

You have two problems, one is electrical and one is probably mechanical. If the car is overheating as you say you should have the cooling system checked. The clicking relay problem could be water intrusion somewhere. I know Altimas had a lot of trouble with water getting into the doors where there's a micro switch for the lock cylinder.

If you're starting the car by jumping the battery there's a good chance that the battery is the problem. You let the car sit for the Winter and when doing that the battery discharges over time and a discharged battery will freeze when it's 32 degrees or lower. Once a battery freezes it shorts out internally and cause all sorts of goofy electronic problems. I'd try a new battery. 

Disconnect the battery for a day and check if it fixes it.  No luck, you have to find shorted switches.  Good luck.

• arther

clean repair replace the relay blocks and relays as required cover them up to keep water off them if a plastic cover is missing find a replacement cover.

i would ask a mechanic to help you out with that