Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

I usually get paid on the 15th and the 30th of each month. This month I was paid on the 2/12/21, does that mean I will be paid on 2/26/21?

• BBG
    Favorite Answer

You probably will be paid on Friday 2/26.

If the payday falls on a weekend or holiday, it is common to be paid the prior business day.

Monday 2/15 was a holiday which is probably why you were paid on Friday 2/12.

Sunday 2/28 is a Sunday which is why you will probably be paid on Friday 2/26.

Note my use of the word "probably".   I do not work for your company and have no access to their employment practices.

Also note that if I'm correct, your next pay date would be Monday 3/15.  If you are paid hourly and live paycheck to paycheck, that's a full 17 days which may feel like a long time especially after a February which has less hours due to being only 28 days.

No, it means that 2/15 was a holiday and 2/13 and 2/14 were a weekend, so they couldn't pay you on any of those days and had to pay you on 2/12 to avoid being late.

You won't be made on the 30th this month.  But the reason is not because you were paid on the 12th.  It's because February doesn't have 30 days.

You should be getting paid on the 26th, but it has nothing to do with the day of your previous check.

Your first check is the 15th of the month as long as that is a business day (not weekend or holiday.)  This month, the 15th was Presidents Day so you get paid the last business day prior to th 15th or Friday the 12th.

Your 2nd check is on the last day of the month (maybe "30th", but typically I've always seen last day of the month.)  February only has 28 days so that would be your payday for February, however the 28th is on a weekend meaning you would get paid on Friday the 26th.  

One date change has nothing to do with another.  Anyway, looking at the calendar, it was likely changed because the 12th was a Friday.  The 15th was a Monday.  Payroll is not generally run on a Monday.

• ?

ask your job about it

• !

I Imagine thats why they did it, because they cant pay you on the 30th of February, so they shift the payment schedule for that month