Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

how to get rid of a possible bug infestation?

I live in an Apartment building, I am on the 3rd floor. I am very, very afraid of bugs. Ever since recently, there has been a random beetle that I found out to be called a "Lauder Beetle" continuously being found in my household. Mostly in my room, which has been really really upsetting for me since when I see bugs, especially like this, I get a panic attack. My fear is very real and I've had bad experience with critters that's why my fear started. But that isn't the problem. This is CONSTANT. They keep crawling around on me, on my bed, got into my food, everything. I have a clean house, no dirt, nothing. It has affected the way I sleep at night, I am scared that they're going to go into my ears because they keep coming onto my pillows too. There is a Tree outside of my window, I don't know if this is how they're getting in but they manage even with the window shut. It's upsetting me deeply and I don't know what I should do to get rid of them. I have a crack under my radiator, and I seen one hide and then come out of it. I don't know if this is a potential hiding spot. I find at least 2-3 a day in my bed - walking around there or crawling on me. This has been ongoing for about 2 months now and it's gotten bad to where I can't mentally relax, I need help. Please. 

Favorite Answer

Get something to seal the cracks, and openings.  If the radiator is hot, then get a high heat caulk, or rubber sealant. You need to seal up the places you think they are getting in.  then get something to kill anything in the room already.  I use Bayer Natria. All natural, and easy to use. Lightly spray along the baseboards and around the window.  The bugs will go crazy for a few days as the stuff does its work.  Then, they are gone.  I respray every 6 months.  Once a year, I use a good cleaner to clean where I spray as the oils attract dust and look bad.