vic asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

We arectold to always believe a woman who says she’s sexually assaulted but should we believe who she says did it?

I don’t think so because she may not fully know who did it 

i didnt put this in the history section, after pressing submit ya puts it in a section it chooses automatically 

How can I possibly take you seriously w/ "we are always told" when no one told me that? Litigation is on a case by case basis. This is how we get case law. The hitch is stigma reluctance for victims to come forward.

It's your option to relocate the q if you disagree w/ where YA defaults it. Click edit. I know you know where the edit button is, you updated. Edit category is under it.

Darling, we start by believing the victim and then we investigate the incident, still believing her, if she knows her attacker then he (or she) is the key subject of that investigation. How is that difficult to understand?

Who says?

I'm more of the opinion that what was said was more along the lines of: any accusation made by a woman of sexual assault or rape should be taken seriously and fully investigated. 

That does NOT mean that she has to be believed until there is verification of the act. After all, there are always two sides to every story, and the truth might make both sides false.

We are NOT told that.

What we are told is that such claims should be taken seriously, seriously investigated, and not dismissed out of hand.

Why did you put this in the History section ?