Have you ever played Tomb Raider 1? Was this game better than the current ones?

Favorite Answer

Tomb Raider 1 as in the 1996 Tomb Raider, I've played it and in my opinion lets just say the past 25 years haven't been kind.  personally I don't know how anyone could say the previous Tomb Raider games are better than Tomb Raider 2013 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

A friend with money had Tomb Raider on Sega Saturn.

Then another friend bought a Playstation and we would all, like four friends all gather after school playing that game.

Did that till I finally bought just before the 3rd came out.

Lara Croft is like the coolest.

All through the years, pointy **** to the newest, my favorites are the Isometric Lara Croft "Temple of Osiris" and "The Guardian of Light".

I'm a true Tomb Raider fan, Angelina Jolie playing her old school was good, but Alicia Vikander, WOW, when I heard she was to play her, I was like Damn!!!!

Totally different games, each deserve a consideration of the times.

The New Lara is up there with Aloy and beyond a strong Woman.

The old Lara was basically, yeah pointy **** and yet still the game was awesome figuring out stuff and we did build a love for her as a character.

Always waiting for the next Tomb Raider game.

I think tomb raider 1,2 and 3 were more challenging than any of it successors, particularly because of the controllers that were used back then.

I did a little bit.  I didn't get the attraction.  It wasn't that good a game even for the time period.

• obviously not the eye candy, but it depends what you like, for me not so much TR1  but TR3 and 3.....had some really feindish puzzles often moving water about and then using the swim ability to progress, and honestly the design of some of the levels in terms of those puzzles was better in the old games....

here's a sample so you see what i'm referring to..

spoilers! couldn't find a sample, so be careful as this is the complete solution..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otfykctFqBk

I vaguely remember it from  Eons ago.......but safe to say  Graphics and gameplay have come a hell of a long way since then. 

But ya know,  some of the older games, were just more FUN. 

somewhere along the way,   games stopped being about FUN , and  became about just shooting everything in sight.