Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

I feel like crap because I have friends who are my age (22), married and pregnant. How do I not care? ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Im 34 - not married or have kids.

And guess what - I probably have more money and free time than any of my married/child rearing  friends.

Enjoy it! 

• 2 months ago

Why should you sit around caring about someone else's pregnancy?  It's not yours.

• 2 months ago

A lot of people jump right into it, but not everyone has to. Remember that you are living your life, not theirs. What you are doing is okay, and you will be just fine. Best wishes.

• helene
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was 22 years old back in 1980, and hardly any of us wanted to get married or pregnant that early. Even my mother said she wished she'd waited a few years to get married, even though my dad was too splendid a catch to pass up.

Be happy for your friends. Live your own life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You are young.  Enjoy this time in your life because you cannot get it back.  You shouldn't feel bad at all.  While your friends seem all mature, quite honestly, 22 years old is still far to young to be stuck married with babies.  This is the time in your life when you have no real heavy obligations...you can travel (when covid restrictions lift), go out when you feel like it, don't have to answer to anyone.  If it really bothers you, go speak with a therapist.  There's really no reason for you to envy people who have chosen to be locked down with kids over having an actual social life as a young person. 

• 2 months ago

Why is the goal to be married and pregnant at 22? Most people aren't. Enjoy your youth and your freedom. Travel, make mistakes, do something spontaneous.You have the rest of your life to meet someone and tie yourself down to that domesticated life. Be in the present and take in the fact that you have very few responsibilities and a world of possibilities ahead of you right now. Don't waste some of the most fun years of your life wishing you had something that will likely come later. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You SHOULD care about your friends.

And hopefully you will care in 5-10 years when half of them are divorced, broke and have to send their kid to spend the weekend with their ex's new bf or gf and their two brats.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.