Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 2 months ago

should i lock my cat out of my house if it suddenly became aggressive? ?

MADDY is full of SHYTE!   Another worthless Qbitch making up FAKE laws that don't exist!  SHUT UP MADDY!  

It’s illegal to have cats outside now so no don’t do that. Get it desexed. If it has already been desexed, it means that the cat is either in pain or stressed. Check ears and mouth, could have ear mites or tooth pain. If it’s stressed, you need to figure out what you changed to make it stressed. Buy feliway spray to calm cats down. DO NOT lock the cat out, people like you are the reason I have had to open up a cat rescue just to house all the strays that owners have kicked out and left. 

• ?

What is putting the cat outside going to accomplish? The cat will not understand, that you put it outside because it is aggressive. Has your cat always been aggressive or is this something new? You may want to consider taking your cat to the vet, to rule out any medical problems, that could be causing this aggression.

All the cats I ever had were loving and cuddly. However, they all displayed occasional aggression and would bite me and sometimes draw blood. That is the personality of a carnivore. If you place your hand on their belly while holding them in your lap, they will bite and claw you as a natural defense.

hiss at the cat. it will respect you more.  also dont go for the belly rub..its a trap

Has your cat been spayed/neutered?   

No. Lock yourself out.