Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 2 months ago

Difference between data that were gathered and the data that were generated?

I am working on an assignment for nursing school and these are the questions:

Answer the following questions to assist in data interpretation:

What similarities are apparent between the data that were gathered and the data that were generated?

What differences are apparent between the data that were gathered and the data that were generated?

What are the weakness and strengths of this community?

In what areas is improvement needed in this community?

The problem is I have no explanation or definition for data gathered versus data generated. Can someone please help me? I have waited 2 days for the teacher's response and nothing...

Data that is gather is data that people go out and collect and put into a computer.  Data that is generated is data that the computer finds in the information it has and outputs it to the user.