Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

How can I keep my police encounters to a minimum while staying in a small town with bad family?

My family is mostly composed of drug users who are in and out of jail CONSTANTLY. I don't associate with them unless absolutely necessary... Long story short, I'm having to stay in the small town where they all live until my house is finished (mid-march, couple more weeks). I get pulled over by police almost every time I leave my mom's house. I've been pulled over 3 times this week alone, one time was on my BICYCLE. They always say I match the description of someone, which is likely, because obviously I resemble my relatives. Once they realize everything is good, they let me go. I'm not looking to fix the system or anything, I just want to make my few weeks here bearable. What should I do to minimize my contact with them until I leave?

Favorite Answer

Next time challenge them to reveal who you match the description of.  Bet they won't be able to do it because they just made that up like saying they received a report from the neighbors...

Source(s): If they really did receive a report from the neighbors would they tell you that? You could be a dangerous criminal and later retaliate against the neighbors for reporting you.
  • ?

Don't do any of that stuff

I find it kind of hard to believe that you have that many random encounters with the police, for no reason whatsoever.  Just stay out of trouble, don't draw attention to yourself.  If you feel like they really are that familiar with your family, then even though they likely realize you're related, you should still avoid going out with your family, to keep from being completely lumped into your families activities. 

• Bruce

If it is a small town, they will figure it out soon if they haven't already. 

Stay in a motel.