Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why do cons have such an issue with one - five percent of the total population [Trans individuals] that have zero effect on them, period?

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20210...

Does this individual scare you, you've probably walked down the street alongside them or O.M.G shared the bathroom with them without even noticing because they have no effect on your life.  But continue clutching your pearls hiding under your bed Karen.

Update:

It has always been 1 to 5% of the total population.

Update 2:

"Trans genderism is cultural appropriation"

That thing which has been documented dating back to Native American tribes is, 'cultural appropriation', how.

Update 3:

"This is not a "cons" thing"

Except The majority of the world has for all or recorded history of having the neanderthal mentality that runs deep in conservatives.

Update 4:

As we've learned 'In Your Face demands' to conservatives means opening your mouth period.

Update 5:

"people who claim they have actually changed their sex"

They have.

"the people who support transsexual girls competing against authentic girls"

Look up what HRT is.

"especially those who complain about being "mis-gendered" when it's as clear as day that they're mis-gendering *themselves,* not the other way around."

Is it really that difficult not to misgender someone Karen?

Update 6:

"You know, it might've been an idea to put a content warning on that link."

You've gotta be joking, a warning for what.

Update 7:

"Trans activism affects women's rights, gay rights, and children. "

No they don't, the rest of your anonymous rant is nonsense and has been reported.

Attachment image

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They use trans people as a scapegoat/wedge issue.

You may have noticed that in 2020 the republican party didn't even bother creating a national party platform. That's because other than catering to the 1% they don't take a real stand on anything. They've given up on governing and are only interested in power for powers sake. So how do they get people to vote for that? A massive quarter century propaganda campaign centered almost exclusively on wedge issues (guns, LGBT rights, abortion, immigration, Muslims, racism). They discovered long ago that if you can emotionally hook people with a specific wedge issue you can get them to vote for your agenda, no matter how regressive it is. I used to have an elderly neighbor who was a classic single issues voter. They hooked on on abortion and she was voting republican no matter what. She was so strongly hooked that even when republicans we going after Social Security, which was her only means of support, she continued to support them. Why? Because the right-wing propaganda machine told her it was the democrats he were after her Social Security and she believed it.

• 2 months ago

You know, it might've been an idea to put a content warning on that link.

The incidence of gender incongruence is about one in thirty thousand, not 1-5% of the population.  I'm surprised it's that low but that's what the stats say.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'd have no problem with trannies if they kept their fetish to themselves.

But they're always pushing it on others -- even children!

So I no longer tolerate them.  

• 2 months ago

To be fair.  It's only about 5% of Cons that have a problem with it.  So it's fairly balanced.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I don't have an issue with them personally. I have a problem with people who claim they have actually changed their sex, the people who support transsexual girls competing against authentic girls, and especially those who complain about being "mis-gendered" when it's as clear as day that they're mis-gendering *themselves,* not the other way around. I will not be party to the delusion.

Edit:  Your attitude is a problem. You'll never persuade anyone by calling us names or repeating false information. I reject your claims. They're untrue.

• 2 months ago

The majority of the world has had an issue for all or recorded history, and now. This is not a "cons" thing, as much as you have decided to make it one. 

Also, the in your in your face demands of those who consider themselves spokespersons of the movement  affect everyone else. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.