Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Chris
Lv 4
Chris asked in PetsOther - Pets · 2 months ago

Pet idea selection ?

Hi all,

At home I have a dog and two cats. Do to work I am away from home at least a week if not two a month. As a result I miss my wife and also  companionship of my fluffy “kids”. I’m just curious if there is a good pet out there for travel that would do fine by itself in a hotel room for 10-12 hours with low maintenance. 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A cat would be totally content to sleep in a hotel room all day.

BUT....

*  Cats generally do not enjoy traveling

*  Not a lot of hotels accept cats

*  Cats can be easily lost when others come go (like hotel housekeeping)

*  Cats need a lot of gear like carrier, litterbox and litter

If you travel by car, it may be doable.   Travel by air is a different ball of wax.

You sound like a nice person.   Maybe a different job is in order now that you are married and have fur babies?

• Raven
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Hmm, this is a bit difficult. Rats make great, fun pets. They are intelligent and active, and they bond with their owners. They can be trained to do cute rat tricks. You do need to regularly interact with them to keep the tame and tractable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.