Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Unexplained bleeding and cramping ?

I had unprotected sex 11 days ago, he pulled out but I took a plan b to be on the safe side . I’ve started to have period symptoms which is unusual considering my cycle is usually 35 days and I just had my period 14 days ago. I have cramping, breast soreness, digestion issues,bloating ,and am very self critical which usually happens before my period. I had spotting that started brown and is now bright red but it’s a lot lighter than my normal period. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.I did recover from covid recently so I’m not sure if it’s from that, the plan b, or if I’m actually pregnant and it’s too early .

Plan B contains a lot of hormones in it and everything you’ve described is a common reaction from it. You probably aren’t pregnant but, it is too soon to take a test so even if you were you wouldn’t be getting a positive yet. Wait and see if your period comes and if it’s a week late, take a test. 

Not unexplained at all. You just took a massive dose of hormones that will totally mess up your hormonal balance and your cycle for months to come. This is how Plan B works -- by flooding your body with hormones to stop ovulation and instigate menstruation. 

• ?

In what sense is it unexplained?

I swear someone asks this exact question on here at least once a week. Plan B will mess with your cycle. It may throw things out of whack for a few months. It’s a massive dose of hormones. 

• ?

Plan b pills can really mess up your cycle.  That's what you are experiencing.