Employee drug use?

I have information that  employees are selling/using marijuana. I've been told USAA don't care if employees use drugs after working years at USAA as long as they passed the test when the applied for employment. 

Should I call HR or the police?

You should admit you are a BOLD FACED LIAR. You don't know ANY of what you claim. You don't even know anyone that has ever APPLIED to work a t USAA.

Police, assuming you have proof.

• ?

You say that USAA does not care if employees use pot after hours, what makes you think that HR, which is part of USAA, would care? As far as the police, you say you have information that people are using or selling but do you have proof? I have information that pot is sold every day along the River Walk but the police could not care less unless I can provide them with some proof. And why do you care anyway? It does not effect you.

You should mind your own business. If people wanna smoke weed on their own personal time, that’s their business. Don’t stick your nose where it doesn’t belong. This has absolutely zero effect on you, and you seem to have a desire to bring problems on other people for something very petty. You should stop being so concerned with what others are doing, and worry about what you’re doing. 

• ?

Don't know about the USA, but in Canada smoking marijuana is as legal as drinking alcohol. You can do whatever you want on you own time but not on work time. You can't perform your job drunk or stoned.

• Gary

I TOTALLY agree with USAA policy that: what an employee does on they're own time is NOT the company's business AS LONG AS it does NOT reflect badly on the company or is done on company time! But then again I am a medical marijuana patient for SEVERE chronic pain and my employer has the same philosophy and KNOWS I REFUSE to use ANY products containing THC while I'm at work REGARDLESS of my pain! My advice to you is unless they're usage of marijuana is NEGATIVELY affecting the other employees ability to work, ANYONE'S safety or endangering you or YOUR work performance you should simply MYOB!  

If the drugs are illegal where you are, notify both HR and the police.

both.  HR has the right to discharge people who use company facilities for illegal purposes [drug sales] -- in addition to the natural interest of the police

• Rick

their company, their decision ..................

No. You don't want to get somebody fired. You just said "they don't care as long as they pass the test."

Report them if and only if they can't do their jobs right. You may want to give  the drug sellers a heads up. That their SELLING of weed is becoming known.

@ Gary: I agree with your post 100%.

Source(s): Is this the United States Automobile Association.