Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

dumb
Lv 6

Isn't the IRS responsible for checking tax returns, such as D Trump's?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Of course they do.  The IRS checks ALL tax returns.

• 2 months ago

Yes they are.  And they do.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Get over your TDS.

• fcas80
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The IRS audits returns for compliance with the tax code.  A return can be in compliance with the tax code but there can still be other non-tax illegal implications.

For example, I may state the value of my building as $100,000 for tax purposes, and that may be fine.  But if then I apply for a bank loan using the house as my asset and I state the value at $120,000, this may be an illegal misstatement to the bank, that the IRS would not catch.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Already admitted to auditing him damn near every year.

• 2 months ago

I am positive that an army of IRS agents audits every year of Trump's tax return.  I am also betting that his tax returns probably run a thousand pages per year and that they are never finalized until seven years later. 

• Robert
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They have done so, apparently with no issue.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

DT's tax returns for the past few years have been audited (still ongoing) by the IRS. But that has nothing to do with the Supreme Court's recent ruling. His returns are being investigated in connection with criminal charges of bribery & money-laundering by the state of NY. It's not even about tax evasion... yet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.