Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 1 month ago

Why do women buy so many clothes that they never even wear?

My wife always HAS to have something when she is out shopping, and she buys it, and then never even wears it. And this repeats week after week, and she ends up with 50 dresses she has never even worn once in the closet. I go to these stores and department stores in the mall, and it's crowded with women and only women, spending insane amounts of money on things they won't even wear. You'll never see a man spending in time in Macy's or Marshall's or Home Goods or TJMax, it's always hoards of women with carts full of stuff

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

They think they are not pretty and different clothes may help one day.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Never understood the premise of collecting things, particularly things you MIGHT need in the future.  Woman are trained by their mothers to do this-yet is all goes in the garbage when you die. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

just in case .... my husband  collects "STUFF" JUST in CASE  someday he "might " need it ... what happens the shelves are overflowing  a screw a  piece of wire   1/3 full can of paint or oil  old brush  7 screw drives all that do the same function 3 hammers

he also KEEPS CLOTHES that no longer FIT after his 40 lb weight gain in 40 years ....JUST IN CASE ...... he losses weight

i wear all the clothes i own ... i just have a  article of clothing  for every day of the year

not CREDIBLE making  generalizations  based on a few to  apply to the many another BUBBLE WORLD mentality  the world is only as i know it

FACT    in the USA  in 2019        57.4 %  that is 76,852,000 women aged 16 and over were in the  LABOR FORCE    compared to  69.2% of MEN

in some countries a women might just have one or two BURKA

and  not allowed to drive a car  or  own property

• 1 month ago

Well, as a Woman I can only say that I haven't bought any new clothes for over a year, maybe longer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Blush
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

So we’re judging all women based on the one woman you CHOSE to marry? 

Bro, shut up and get some education. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Well, as a Woman I can only say that I haven't bought any new clothes for over a year, maybe longer. I don't have a disposable income to allow that, nor do I need them.

• donnie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They think they want it and then realize later they don't

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Well try taking her to some place nice so she can wear those expensive dresses! Jerk. Its no good wearing a party dress on your morning jog!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because our weight continuously fluctuates. But, your wife maybe suffering from depression

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Women tend to be more susceptible to depression. As a result of this, many manifest this behavior in terms of shopping and often times it gets carried away before they have a chance to seek a professional psychiatrist. Notice how so many of them gave me a thumbs down because the truth hurts, LOL

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.