Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Do Muslims get Tattoos and is this permitted by their faith? What does the Bible say about this too?

Some feel it is a desecration of the Holy temple of God to get tattoos. 

It would be nice if there were comments from many different faiths on their position on this. Thank you

There are health risks from tattoos and in my opinion should be discouraged.  

Hope if there are some with medical knowledge they will leave a comment or some other faiths and what their holy books say about tattoos. 

Thank you for a great answer Robert and glad you included so many scriptural points because tattoos pose health risks.   Even if you know they are using a clean needle there could be allergic reactions and once knew a lady who almost lost her leg from a single tattoo. 

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Shall we go straight to the point?

I do not wish to speak ill of all Muslims, because in their Nation there are also my spiritual brothers and sisters, of whom we share all the Holy Bible, which is the word of God.

Therefore, we are united in true World Christianity!

While the Muslims who belong to the alleged prophet Muhammad, are out of Christian doctrine!

The word of God forbids his faithful believers to make drawings of any kind on their bodies, because this inanimate sign belongs to Satan, little god of evil and, organizer of the rebels, against the Lord!

From the Holy Bible: Leviticus 19:28.

You shall not make incisions on your body for a deceased person, nor shall you make tattoo marks. I am the Lord.

Does God Allow Tattoos if Our Heart and Motives are Good?

Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:28.

Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, not print any Marks upon you: I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:28.

Looking at these scriptures in the Bible, God could not make His stand on tattoos any clearer. Yes, God does look at our motives and our hearts but He also tells us the unsanctified heart is wicked and needs cleansing so we all can line up with His Word. Many times our outward appearance can reveal what is in our hearts.

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? Jeremiah 17:9

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. Ezekiel 36:25-32

With this in mind, we all do things that are sinful when we do not know God or when we are baby Christians who are ignorant of His Word. That is why we must study the Bible, as it is our standard for what God says is sin or is not sin. Certainly, when we are babes in the Lord and do not know the Word, we may be deceived and sin. Because God is very merciful and kind, He overlooks certain things, until we can come to the knowledge of truth about those things. However, if we are truly honest and want to put away our sin and we come to God with an open heart willing to change the areas in our lives that are sin, He will show us those things were we have been deceived.

Tattoos have a root of witchcraft.

In addition to the verse quoted above, Scripture also warns us not to disfigure our bodies in the following verses:

-1 Kings "And they began to cry out louder, and to make carvings on themselves, with swords and spears, until they were dripping with blood."

-Deuteronomy 14:1 "You are the sons of God; you shall not make cuts on yourselves nor shave your foreheads for a dead man.

When he talks about doing it for a dead person he is referring to witchcraft rituals that were done back then to mourn or remember a dead person. Tattoos, getting body carvings or shaving your head have roots in witchcraft. Tattoos have their roots in witchcraft. Many young people today do these things because there are many evil influences and they are unaware. They do not understand that these things can open the door to error and contamination. Evil videos, depraved rock music albums, bad Internet games and violent movies are showing evil fashions in order to destroy the youth. Satanic tattoos, skin heads and more of these rituals are opening many of our children to demonization.

Nice to hear from the Islamic law point of view.

"'Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD." (Leviticus 19:28)!

• yesmar

The see no prohibition in the Bible against tattoos.

Source(s): Jesus follower

Shia Ayatollahs Ali al-Sistani and Ali Khamenei believe there are no authoritative Islamic prohibitions on tattoos. ... Grand Ayatollah Sadiq Hussaini Shirazi ruled: "Tattoos are considered Makruh (disliked and discouraged).

Tattooing is not ḥaram and the mark it leaves under the skin does not form a barrier to water reaching the skin. Thus, ghusl and wuḍū’, with a tattoo on any part of the body, are valid.

Source(s): Shia Muslim