Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Have u paid my attorney fees?

I recently settled a workers comp case in which I received $6000 in a single check . The paper states that my attorney is to be paid $918 from far end of award . I don’t understand if that means they already took their payment or if I owe them the $918 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Not to worry, if you still owe your attorney money I'm sure he will let you know about it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

This means that the fees are paid to the attorney now but credited to the employer against the last payments that they would have to make. Since attorney’s fees are usually 15%, you would receive approximately 15% less payments than you are scheduled to receive. For instance, if you were to receive 100 weeks of benefits, you would only receive about 85 weeks. The last 15 weeks of payments would have already been paid to the attorney for attorney’s fees.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Ask the attorney.  Likely they already took it.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"to be paid $918 from far end of award " So paid by you...so it depends on who sent the $6k to you or if it was paid via your legal advisor... if paid directly then you need to pay , if via your legal advisor they would have already taken their fee

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you had an attorney he would already taken his 33% off the top.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.