Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Have u paid my attorney fees?

I recently settled a workers comp case in which I received $6000 in a single check . The paper states that my attorney is to be paid $918 from far end of award . I don’t understand if that means they already took their payment or if I owe them the $918 

Not to worry, if you still owe your attorney money I'm sure he will let you know about it.

• ?

This means that the fees are paid to the attorney now but credited to the employer against the last payments that they would have to make. Since attorney’s fees are usually 15%, you would receive approximately 15% less payments than you are scheduled to receive. For instance, if you were to receive 100 weeks of benefits, you would only receive about 85 weeks. The last 15 weeks of payments would have already been paid to the attorney for attorney’s fees.

• ?

Ask the attorney.  Likely they already took it.

• Maxi

"to be paid $918 from far end of award " So paid by you...so it depends on who sent the $6k to you or if it was paid via your legal advisor... if paid directly then you need to pay , if via your legal advisor they would have already taken their fee

If you had an attorney he would already taken his 33% off the top.