Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What is this kind of pattern called?

Thin lines, with leaves on it? It's not european or floral pattern.


Doesn't specifically have to have leaves, just thin lines and symmetrical

Attachment image

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    In typography they are known as fleurons.

  • John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    It is a very stylized version of acanthus. With some added fleur de lys. There is a plant called acanthus, but the designs may only vaguely resemble it, or not. It is a made up pattern for this very sort of work and is widely used.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    It is generally known as scroll work. Gazillions of variations on a theme.

    These are stylized tendrils with (sort of) fleur-de-lys.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.