Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 2 months ago

How do you find your friends and family on linkedin or do you have to type their names in 1 by 1?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Lv 7
    2 months ago

well, yeah. i mean, do you think they are psychic? how else would they know if someone is related to you?

• 2 months ago

Not necessarily.

As you add people to your network, they will start sending you friend recommendations based on those people's contacts or the info you provide like your employer or high school or whatever.

• 2 months ago

Linkedin isn't your normal social media site.  It's a social media/networking site for careers.  Typically you wouldn't use it to connect with friends and family, although your friends and family might use it.

From my experience (I no longer use LinkedIn), you search for people by their email address (the one they registered on LinkedIn) or company they work for.  Once you get a few contacts (from your friends/family) in your list and you've completed your profile (with company you work for, school you went to, any professional licenses you might have etc..), LinkedIn will start finding potential contacts, including any family members.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.