Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Adele
Lv 5
Adele asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 2 months ago

Do you think crying is a sign of weakness or strength?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

How is it a sign of strength?,  and no that doesn't mean that if it isn't that it must be a sign of weakness,  strenth and weakness can by looked at in many contexts.....it's a sign that said person is not happy  or very happy...and that could be for a lot of reasons  ..ala  tears of sadness, tears of joy,  the 2 extremes of human emotion expressed by the same chemical reaction and strangely similar emotion..

what did this have to do with football though?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

WHAT MADE SOME1 START CRYING CAN TELL YOU SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR STRENGTH OR LACK OF IT:

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Crying is the body's way to not only reduce emotional stress, but also process it. Think of emotions as an invisible force moving through the body.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

yeah go on Hombre get in there son ^_^

lol

crying is a sign of hilarity ! ^_^

i just find it funny when people 'cry'

crying is for little babies lol

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It's a sign your Human and Alive.

I cried tears of Joy when we won the Prem.

I also cried when Southgate missed that pen Euro 96'(I thought sort your head out John) It's not as bad as when Bambi's mum dies.(You must be made of stone to have a dry eye watching that Movie)

• Adam
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No. If that's the person's way of dealing with something and they can battle through their issues then it's fine. Strength and weakness comes down to what you do after. If having a cry can help you make good choices and respond well then I'd argue it could be a sign of strength.

The stats do show most men don't deal with issues early (thankfully this is showing signs of changing). If we learn to deal with issues early it can be an easier fix, rather than "man up" and "bottle it up" and let it become a bigger problem that's harder to deal with

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Depends. To cry as a first resort can definitely signify weakness, perhaps down to lack of life experiences, troubles, but to cry as a last resort may signify strength, down to having to many of those bad experiences, and just being strong for to long. Anyway, who might you see as the weakest person? The one afraid to cry because society tells them not to, or the one who thinks to hell with what society thinks, and dares to stray outside the norm?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.