Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

shawn asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Good free cPanel alternatives?

Hello Fellow Techs.

I am looking for a good or somewhat decent ( FREE ) cPanel alternative to install on a VPS. The VPS is only to host a few personal websites not trying to start a hosting business with it or anything LOL

As the VPS is kind of small a very lightweight panel would be nice also a panel that is easy to migrate shared cPanel accounts over to the new server would be a really big plus..

I know with any free option I cant be to picky and just have to take what I can get. I have used Centos Web Panel in the past but I'm not a fan of that panel IMO it seems like it is very unstable and is always crashing after every other update..

So I am looking for suggestions. My ears are wide open.

Thanks In Advance.

Shawn

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I've usually turned to Webmin because it offers a lot of fine-grained control over your server. You'll want to use Virtualmin on top of that for your hosting.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.