Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

drive off vs dream off help Petrol station!?

Hi there 

I need a little advice and help on a situation.

I currently work in a petrol station and I have had a situation where a drive off has happened. 

My manager is stating that because I was on the till at the time I have to pay for the fuel that the customer did not pay for, is this legal?  As it’s not in the company drive off/dream off policy? I’m super confused and I am trying to fight this with my manager as I don’t want to pay money out of my hard earned wages for a mistake a customer made! Any help appreciated. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

UK: Unless you have signed a contract that states your employer can make deductions from your wages then the employer can't deduct https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/petrol-stati... Your employer should have number plate recognition CCTV, a policy of reporting the theft .... speak to ACAS ( doesn't cost you)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.