Can you actually join space force as a civilian?

I know there's tons of jokes about it but I'm serious... 

Been crazy about military and about science/space for the longest time, not sure which path to choose, and then they officially create a space force..! So can I just enter as a civilian? 

Or do you have to work somewhere else first before they take you; as a way to avoid tons of civilians thinking they get to fight aliens in space...?

Any help/advice is appreciated... I have an associates degree in general studies/science, but haven't taken it farther because I haven't figured out what to do with my life yet... 

• blakey

I'm sure you would fit in well the USA is full of moon units and space cadets. 

Source(s): 1st richard in space

sure, you just down to the recruiter and enlist, go tyo basic training and tech school, just like everyone else and bingo your in thr space force

As Daniel wrote, the USSF is accepting new enlistees. The US Air Force Recruiting Service is handling the recruiting.

Try this.

https://www.usajobs.gov/Search/Results?k=Space%20f...

Most are very technical positions so it's likely that you might not qualify.

But take a look.

And these are civilian jobs.

• Daniel

Mrsjvb is wrong on this one.

You can enlist directly into the Space Force.  The information is on airforce.com (Air Force recruiters are handling the USSF).  They are also commissioning new Lts straight from commissioning sources.

They are also taking transfers from the Air Force (Airmen with AFSCs that are in the Space Force) and will start taking transfers from the Army and Navy in about a year.

• Mrsjvb

It’s still a branch of the military and you must still meet all those prerequisites.  Currently, you can only transition into SF from the other 5 branches( mainly 

AF) 

At some point, they may begin recruiting directly.  

You won’t be fighting aliens.  Right now it’s all about satellites and returning to manned missions on the moon.