Advice for court hearing ?

so i was being stupid and wasnt driving with a license or insurance and i accidentally ran a red light and they took my car and im getting it back on the 2nd, but i got a permit just recently but my drivers test is after my court date do you think the judge will fine with just a permit and insurance or no ?

• Rita

Tips for Courtroom Behavior

Be in the courtroom at least fifteen minutes before the trial is set to start. ...

Your witnesses must be ready to go when they call your case for trial. ...

Plan to be at court all morning. ...

Do not bring your children. ...

You can bring a friend for moral support.

Go on YouTube and type this:

“Woman who drives without a license and tells you how. “

Then you will understand what an vehicle is and what a automobile is. What a driver is and what a traveler is. 

If you watch the video you may have seconds thoughts about getting a license. 

I actually went into dmv and renounced my driving privileges, because I’m not for hire 

Some of this depends on WHERE.  NYS is very tough on uninsured/unlicensed drivers - and you are both.  NYS will suspend your license/permit/cancel your drivers test.  WHERE are you?

Getting a permit after you've been caught driving without one isn't going to impress anyone, especially not a judge.  Besides, the penalty is usually heavier for violating your learner's restrictions.  Here's why...

If you have no type of licence at all, you can play the I-didn't-know card.  And you'll get away with it, because the prosecutor can't prove you did know how serious it was.

If you have a learner's permit, however, you can't play the dumb card.  Having a permit means you definitely did know how serious the offence was, and the prosecutor can prove it.  There are many questions on the written exam about the restrictions of a learner's permit, and the question about driving alone is always one of them.  You literally can't pass the exam without knowing that, and the judge knows it.

Where I live, driving with no licence at all is a minor traffic violation, $110 fine and no points.  But driving unaccompanied with a learner's permit is a $300 fine, 30 day suspension, and mandatory vehicle impoundment.  And that's for the first offence.

I don't think it will lower your fine.

• May

How would we here know what a judge somewhere may or may not do?

"Walkin ain't crowded"

Advice? Plead guilty. Pay huge fines, and plan on not getting a license for a long time.