Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 2 months ago

How many troops could fit into a  Higgins boat?

In Okinawa, in the 60s/70s a guy had an old  Higgins boat that he used as a ferry. I have a slide of me sitting on my parent's car hood in a  Higgins boat and from what I can tell that little boat could only hold the car and nothing else. It was a small car, too. So, if a small, compact car is all that could fit in a  Higgins boat those things were truly small! One of our school field trips was a ride in a  Higgins boat but we were a bunch of very small children so I am sure a lot of us fit in one but how many fully loaded troops could fit in a  Higgins boat?

Thank you

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The Higgins boat could hold either a 36-man platoon, a jeep and a 12-man squad, or 8,000 lb (3.6 t) of cargo.

Wikipedia has the answer, lazybones. I know because i just checked. It's not exactly rocket science to look things up yourself.