Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Do you have to find a job within 90 days of unemployment?

I'm confused someone said they are told to call every other week and explain they're looking for a job and tell them where they're applying. Is this true?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

"someone said"... depends on where in the world you are and the unemployment claim laws.... certainly for that last 30 years where I live, unemployed people have to prove they are actively seeking work and are given a booklet to fill in on a daily basis of where they looked for a position, where they applied, any interviews they had and these are checked...if they are not actively seeking work they get nothing

• 2 months ago

Different states have different rules.  Also, they have different requirements for different individuals.  A person CAN be required to say where they have applied.  Not everyone is.  Only some are.  But if someone told you that they are, it could be true for that person.

• 2 months ago

i would ask the unemployment office about it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.