Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 2 months ago

I can't force myself to make the jump from mostly vegan to mostly raw fruitarian. Especially during winter. Any tips?

I just feel like shyt eating bread and fried vegetables. Maybe, going fruitarian would feel easier on my body. Any tips to force yourself going frutarian during cold winter months? How do you stay warm? By putting on seven layers of clothes on?

Or do you just have to exercise before eating?

in order to drink cold water so as to stay "raw" vegan...

I can't eat raw vegetables except maybe something like pepper... even cucumber tastes nasty

I know I'm going to get a good advice here; that's why I asked here; thanks you'all

There is no such thing as mostly vegan, you’re either vegan or you’re not. That is like saying you’re mostly Muslim or mostly Jehovah’s Witness.

If you came to this lifestyle to heal (diabetes, low/high blood pressure, allergies, tumors etc) and you see positive improvement, than this is working for you and it is  understandable why you wish to stick to it.

However, many people also turn to raw vegan lifestyle out other ethical and spiritual reasons.

Not to mention, that going raw is very cleansing for the body! So, if you've been on this journey for a while, have experienced energy boost, detoxification, maybe even weight loss, expansion of awareness... than what you describe about cold sounds like you've reached your plateau. 

If what I wrote resonates with you, please take into account your environment:

it is  much more difficult for an average city person to be connected to God, than for a monk who meditates on top of the mountain surrounded nothing but blissfull nature, animals, and warm weather.

Therefore you will be craving compensation for that until your mind fully reshapes.

Instead of bread and fried vegetables, try lightly cooked/steamed green vegan options.

Hot spicy vegetable soups will always warm you up.

And grains will help you stay focused, especially if you eat them at lunch. 

I do not think that forcing your own will upon your body needs is going to bring you the best of results and recommend you to better make a deal with it,where sometimes you add it what it wants(& it isn't only raw food,is it?)&,sometimes you also get from it what YOU want,pleasure,derived from raw feeding I guess!In my case(vegetarian with mostly vegan food consumed)this works very well!

yeah, don't do it. you will be missing a boatload of nutrients.

• kswck2

Fried vegetables is probably the Worst way to eat them. Try steaming, blanching or sauteing them. Or just learn how to cook. 

Why on earth would you want to?

But if you really want to do it keep telling yourself that it will get easier after about 10-12 weeks.

Our bodies will crave what we've been feeding it, it's partly a habit thing, and if you just stick with it and eat what you want to change your diet to for 10-12 weeks that will become your bodies new "normal" and that is what you will want to eat.

i would just do it

If you're becoming a fruitarian, read Frank Bruni's book "Born Round." And have lots of Imodium on hand. 

I have a tip for you,EAT MEAT...