Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How many Gods and how many ways to worship Him according to the Bible.?

No personal opinion without biblical support please.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Justin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

One peerless eternal and unchanging Creator GOD and many lesser created 'gods,' (Hebrew: 'elohim'), which are beings of higher intelligence than current humans, created by GOD, (so not actual 'gods'), representing sources of inspiration both good and evil. 

The good are also called 'angels,' (Hebrews 1:13-14), which exist in service of GOD and mankind within a system of 'irreversible goodness,' alongside all redeemed humans, (Romans 8:28) and who offer genius and gifts freely to mankind and ONLY within the ordinances of GOD. The evil are also called 'demons,' which are morally depraved and exist within a separate irrecoverably evil system along with unredeemed humans, which Jesus referred to as 'Mammonas,' (One of the names given to their highest ranking authority, Matthew 6:24).

According to Christ, GOD the Father first 'draws' all men to Himself, teaching them using their own personal beliefs and cultures, (John 6:44-45), only afterwards confronting them with their 'sin,' (failures of their personal religious or philosophical system to achieve justice), and their individual need for His Salvation, representing the ONLY path to eternal life and genuine worship, (John 14:6). 

“But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

“God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:23-24). 

• 2 months ago

"No Chance Without Jesus" said

"Deuteronomy 6:“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

Oh there were false gods a plenty but they were not actual gods."

RESPONSE: GOOD ANSWER AND FROM THE BIBLE. ALSO ANGELS, MOSES, THE JUDGES OF ISRAEL AND SATAN AND DEMONS ALL ARE CALLED GODS SOME GODS LIKE SATAN AND THE DEMONS ARE CALLED WICKED BUT POWERFUL GODS, SOME ARE GODS BECAUSE THEY ARE MADE GOD BY GOD LIKE THE ANGELS, MOSES AND THE JUDGES OF ISRAEL. THEY ARE NOT GOD ALMIGHTY LIKE JEHOVAH NOR ARE ANY OTHER GODS ALLOWED TO BE WORSHIPED BUT GOD. GOD LITERALLY

MEANS POWERFUL ONE. MOST LEXICONS SHOW GOD BEING USED THIS VARIETY WAYS.

BUT YOU DIDN'T ANSWER THE SECOND HALF OF THE QUESTION.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anonymous” said:

Only only God, worshiped in the Eucharist because Christ said so.

RESPONSE: IF I ASK SOMETHING ABOUT HOW MANY CEREMONIES WE ARE SUPPOSE TO FOLLOW BUT I DID NOT ASK THAT.

YOU DID NOT ANSWER SECOND QUESTION.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doug Catholic” said:

Just one: The Institution of the Lord's Supper

Luke 22:14 And when the hour was come, he sat down: and the twelve apostles with him….

Response: I ASK HOW MANY GODS AND HOW MANY WAYS TO WORSHIP HIM, NOT ABOUT THE LORDS EVENING MEAL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Herve” said:

My favourite god was Hephaestus/Vulcan.

Response: DID NOT ASK YOU THAT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“MALCOM” said:

John 4:24 sums that up. 1. "Spirit" (from the inside out) 2. "Truth" (How things are done), 1 Cor. 14, 1 Cor. 16:2, 2 Cor. 9:5-7.

RESPONSE: YOU ANSWERED SOME BODIES QUESTION BUT NOT MIND.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Justin” said:

One peerless eternal and unchanging Creator GOD and many lesser created 'gods,' (Hebrew: 'elohim'), which are beings of higher intelligence than current humans, created by GOD, (so not actual 'gods'), representing sources of inspiration both good and evil…..

RESPONSE: REALLY EXCELLENT POINTS THAT ARE TRUE ACCORDING TO THE LANGUAGE, HISTORY AND THE BIBLE. YOU DID NOT USE ANY SCRIPTURES TO SUPPORT THIS POINT. ALSO THEIR ARE ALSO WICKED GODS THAT ARE TRUE GODS LIKE SATAN AND DEMONS 2 CORINTHIANS 4:4.

ROMANS 8:28 YOU MENTIONED IS NOT A SCRIPTURE. I BELIEVE IT WAS A ACCIDENT.

THE “B” PART OF THE ANSWER IS STILL SORT OF AMBIGUOUS IN YOUR ANSWER.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Anonymous” said:

1 Timothy 2:5

Verse Concepts

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

RESPONSE: YOU ANSWER THE FIRST PART SCRIPTURALLY BUT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE YOU DID NOT ANSWER THE SECOND PART OF QUESTION - and how many ways to worship Him according to the Bible.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Only only God, worshiped in the Eucharist because Christ said so.

• 2 months ago

Just one: The Institution of the Lord's Supper

Luke 22:14  And when the hour was come, he sat down: and the twelve apostles with him. 

Luke 22:15  And he said to them: With desire I have desired to eat this pasch with you, before I suffer. 

Luke 22:16  For I say to you that from this time I will not eat it, till it be fulfilled in the kingdom of God. 

Luke 22:17  And having taken the chalice, he gave thanks and said: Take and divide it among you. 

Luke 22:18  For I say to you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, till the kingdom of God come. 

Luke 22:19  And taking bread, he gave thanks and brake and gave to them, saying: This is my body, which is given for you. Do this for a commemoration of me. 

Luke 22:20  In like manner, the chalice also, after he had supped, saying: This is the chalice, the new testament in my blood, which shall be shed for you. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Herve
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

My favourite god was Hephaestus/Vulcan.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

John 4:24 sums that up.  1. "Spirit" (from the inside out)  2.  "Truth" (How things are done), 1 Cor. 14, 1 Cor. 16:2, 2 Cor. 9:5-7.

• 2 months ago

Deuteronomy 6:“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

Oh there were false gods a plenty but they were not actual gods

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You could argue that the first commandment acknowledges the existence of other gods...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.