Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Is my Spanish pronunciation as bad as my friend tells me?

• ?

Well, respectfully I'd like to say that it was extremely hard to understand what you were saying.. I wish you would have provided us with the text you were reading from... and that way we could have told you what mistakes you made..

I think the other person who answered provided you with a pretty good advice... you need to concentrate on shorter sentences with easier words.

Anyways, you are an English speaker... you already speak the most important language in the world.

God bless you.

I'm sorry, but your Spanish pronunciation is far from perfect. Even though you are speaking (or reading) very slowly, some parts are really difficult to understand. (It isn't "priocupías," but "preocupas." It isn't "intientes," but "entiendes".)

Maybe you should choose shorter sentences with easier words and repeat them until you can say them fluently. 

Keep practicing, though. Remember that practice makes perfect. 🙂

Source(s): Spanish native speaker.