Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 2 months ago

Wtf, Math is Dumb..?

Why the hell do teachers teach "x=? 6x8y" like, I don't need to know this in order to be a damn gamer, just teach me how to do my damn taxes, this extra bullshit isn't going to help me at all!

Favorite Answer

If you were as open minded to mathematics as switching between FPS or RP games, you would know that practicing math develops your logic skills. That in turn will get you past gaming and into something that contributes to your world.

Learning to handle algebraic equations is a way of showing you other ways to think.

• Herve

A 'gamer'?

You've set your sights high.

Why not do online school or homeschooling?

I know...it would be too much effort to actually figure how to do that. You'd just rather be a little b**** and whine.